PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Sunset 2

Maxis Gamez
11-06-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_3892.jpg
Everglades Sunset 2

This one from last weekend while wadding with Judd. Love the colors and composition on this one.

Hope you like it.

Canon 40D, 24-105 L @ 32mm and f/8, ISO 400, 1/320 sec, RAW, Tripod, 3 stop ND filter, Full frame.

Thanks!

Roman Kurywczak
11-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey Maxis,
The colors are great and i do like the trees seperated by the sky more.........in this case I am wondering whether including more of the golden FG grasses would have helped strengthen the base........as the little bit you have in the frame have sweet light on them......so it appears that they would have added another strong visual textural element......but don't know if there may have been other distracting elements present there. Glad to see you are really working hard on these.......it is paying off.

Judd Patterson
11-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Beautiful colors and composition Maxis! I really liked these particular cypress and am glad that you worked them for a bit while the light was sweet. Well done.

Julie Kenward
11-09-2008, 08:35 AM
That's some sweet lighting, Maxis! I do wish there had been a bit more grass at the base but, like Roman said, we weren't there and you were...

Gorgeous blue against the peach color of the sky.

Paul Marcellini
11-09-2008, 12:05 PM
It is tough, the sawgrass prevents the low angles and if you go high, it chops the silhouette. I think I may have preferred the cypress opposing the dominant clouds, or filling in the left side. As is I like a crop off the left, leaving a square of the most interesting part. Still, great scene. I haven't shot the cypress in a while. Makes me want to get back out there.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Maxis,

I would agree that if possible a bit more of a base at the FG would have helped the trees appear more grounded. Paul's suggestion on the crop I feel will further strengthen an already strong image.

Maxis Gamez
11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Thank you guys!!