PDA

View Full Version : Fox number 2

Ivan Rothman
01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Yesterday I posted red fox walking in snow during Yellowstone winter.
Here is another photo of that same fox, this time assuming a proper pose. He was a most cooperative little guy.

D2X, 200-400mm @ 400mm, f6.7, 1/1000, ISO 200

Alfred Forns
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Just perfect Ivan Love the pose look-back and fur color Not sure if you could manage any detail in the dark leg areas? Certainly the exposure is right on Big Congrats !!!!!!!!!!

Fabs Forns
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Beautiful animal, Ivan waht fur!!!!

If this were mine, I would crop a bot on the left, personal preference though.

I see a faint halo on the dark side of the legs.

Jasper Doest
01-17-2008, 03:25 AM
Also a very nice fox photograph, just like your first one. Although your exposure seems ok, I've just added a little more contrast, using curves... to make this pop more.
The only other thing I'd like to see improved is the shooting angle, which is a bit too high for my taste....but perhaps this all happend very fast, so you could really get lower.

D. Robert Franz
01-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Another fine image from this series. As for location Norris would make sense. There have been red fox hunting those meadows in winters past.. Like this image and as mentioned would like a lower angle but realize that is not always possible.. I might also crop a little off the left side of the frame since the fox is looking right...

Dave Courtenay
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Nothing nicer than a fox in full winter coat in the snow-Think i prefer the original post as it seems more natural colour wise