PDA

View Full Version : Adirondacks' Fourth Lke

Joanna Trescott
11-06-2008, 09:25 AM
We went on a boat trip through the lakes near Big Moose. These rock formations, I believe, are called palisades. Canon 20D, 1/125 @f14, 28-135mm @ 85mm, ISO 400

Roman Kurywczak
11-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Joanna,
This is a tough one.........because the colors and layers are very nice.........but I would prefer a bit less sky and a bit more of the lake..........to further emphasize the banding. I still don't feel this is that strong compositionally........as my eye is looking for some place to rest/focal point.......even if it were a prominant color. It may be that there is no curvature either...........all the bands are straight and parallel........so the eye doesn't get to wander through the undulations...........it just zips through. Let's see what others chime in.

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
HI joanna,
I find myself agreeing with Roman. I think the colors a beautiful, but I find my eyes are sort of bored with the scene. The lines are too straight and I am not sure how you can improve it,maybe more lake would help, but I am not at all sure. If there was a way to have a little FG it would be really good. Is this taken from the boat? I assume it was. Sorry I can't be of more help maybe someone else will be able to.

Mac

Joanna Trescott
11-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Thakns Mac and Roman. I see your point. I guess I needed a boat, church or buck in the picture! Yes, it was taken from a boat. I have some more from this series and will check them out for a point of interest.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Joanna,

I think that my feelings have been addressed by Mac and Roman. You needed that one stand-out tree in the image to serve as the center of interest.