PDA

View Full Version : CS4 general help??? No Book??

Cindy Crawford
11-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Just got my new CS4 Photoshop. Geez, there used to be a fat book with CS. Now I can't even get online help to work. The videos included in the set seem to be just little teaser ads for buying more instructional videos. Am I missing something? A lot of stuff is somewhat intuitive, but I was working in Bridge and t looks like you can create a web page....but I can only get one image to work. Grrr.

Any suggestions for finding basic+ instructions?

Looks like several of you have found frustrating stuff-wish I had answers for you.

Cindy

Julie Kenward
11-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Cindy, try NAPP's website (National Association of Photoshop Professionals). Another way to go is what I do...I belong to Scott Kelby's Online Training and they are coming out with a bunch of new training videos for CS4 - some are up and running now. It costs $20/month to join but I've learned an immense amount of stuff that books never touch on from them so it's been worth it to me.

Otherwise, I think you might have to wait until all the new books come out before the big Christmas rush!

Fabs Forns
11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Ben Wilmore's book is out:

http://www.digitalmastery.com/

Gus Hallgren
11-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks Fabs . . . good deal with $7.00 coupon . . . it's on its way!! Uncle Gus

Jackie Schuknecht
11-13-2008, 08:15 PM
I too belong to Scott Kelby's online training course, the amount of information is overwhelming! I like the videos I find I learn from them a little more easily than books.

Chris Starbuck
11-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Another option is lynda.com. $25/month. One of the optional freebies with my CS4 download was a free month. They have a good 8 hr course on PSCS4 essentials, and just added a 15 hr course on PSCS4 for photographers. Haven't looked at that one yet, but the essentials was pretty good (and can't beat free).

Ed Grella
11-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Any comments on Ben's CS4 book from any readers?
Thanks, Ed