PDA

View Full Version : It's Back! The Art of Bird Photography

James Shadle
11-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Arthur Morris' "The Art of Bird Photography" is back in print!

Tuesday I helped Artie stack ( Artie is a book stacking machine) 5000 copies that just came in.

"The Art of Bird Photography" lays it out better than any other nature photography how-to I've read.

If you want a copy, just click the Birds as Art logo at the top of the forum.

James

Michael Pancier
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
the book that got me hooked and got me to empty my bank account on canon gear ....

;-D

Rocky Sharwell
11-10-2008, 04:57 PM
I own both the original hardcover--as well as the softcover. One of my cats destroyed the binding and front cover of the hardback verssion. I think he was mad that I was out photographing so much.

The softcover is something that I take with me whenever I am travelling--When things get stressful I play Mozart on the IPOD and just look at the pictures. It is very calming....:D

Scott Grant
11-17-2008, 09:53 AM
i just recieved my signed (:D) copy of the Art of Bird Photography. i'm very pleased to say the least!

Joseph Martines
11-17-2008, 03:35 PM
James:

Thank you for the heads up.

I own the CD but, there is nothing like the printed word.

I can look at it at night and reconfirm all the mistakes I am making!!

Sabyasachi Patra
11-18-2008, 02:56 AM
the book that got me hooked and got me to empty my bank account on canon gear ....

;-D

Michael,
And still you didn't sue him? :D:D:D

A friend of mine found the original in Singapore and gifted it to me. It is a very moving account of his journey and his learnings are presented in a lucid manner. I had earlier found John Shaw's book good on exposure theory. This one goes beyond. A masterpiece.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi