PDA

View Full Version : Brown Pelican close up

Michael Rogers
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Taken at La Jolla cliffs 2 days ago. Nikon D3 with Nikon 300 2.8 AFS VR

Michael Rogers
01-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Sorry 1st posting. 1st attachment was too large by 2 kb. This was taken at La Jolla 2 days ago.There were well over 200 Browns in breeding plumage on the cliff. AM's IPT should be productive.

David Dilworth
01-16-2008, 07:56 PM
This photo doesn't really do much for me, but is well composed and I do like the background color and how close it is to the color of the bird. Normally I prefer a lot of contrast between background and subject, but this photo works for me. I would apply a little bit of de-noising on the background, but don't ruin the nice detail of the bird's feathers. I'm very interested in ISO settings these days since my friend bought a Nikon D3. Could you include ISO next time and maybe a little more EXIF info about the photo?

Mohammed Ahmed
01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Michael,

Love the composition, the exposure and the over all image. I am not being finicky but the tail-end is a bit lighter than the rest. But I'll also qualify that by saying that it does not bother me at all. It is superb image in my opinion. One that I'll be glad to hang on a wall had it been mine. Thanks for sharing....

Mohammed Ahmed