PDA

View Full Version : Tall First Frost Mushroon

Gordon Craig
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
This is the largest clean mushroom I have ever found in the woods. I know its not good to center your subjects, but since I was working with the limited space of the bark I didn't think I had any other options given the less than desirable surroundings. Just looking for some feedback. This was shot with a Canon 5D, Canon 28-300 Lens at 100 ISO, 38 Aperature, and a shutter speed of 8 seconds.

Julie Kenward
11-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Gordon, this does feel very tight in the frame on all sides. I don't necessarily mind the centering of an item like this (especially when it is so vertically long) but it feels like you were standing on top of it when you took the image. Any way to back off a bit and do the cropping in pp is usually the way to go for me. I like to always get a bit more than I need just to be on the safe side.

Your exposure looks good. I am assuming the mushroom looks this soft on the top in real life because the underside is detailed, as is the tree bark.

Mike Moats
11-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey Gordon, hows it going. Nice sharp details, and exposure. I like tight crops so it works for me.