PDA

View Full Version : Gray Fox

Antonio Lopez
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
For about the last month I've been having a couple of your Gray Foxes coming to my birding area next to my house. They come around almost daily for the sunflower seeds. I shot this image from a portable blind, at about 6 pm with failing light conditions, hence the high ISO and low shutter speed.

1D Mark lll
600L
f/4 @ 1/40 sec.
ISO 600

Chris Hansen
11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Antonio,
What a great capture. Grey foxes are mostly nocturnal so its great to see one in the daylight. I love the pose and the alertness of the fox. I would be tempted to clone out the branch sticking out from the foxes right front paw.
Way to go,

God bless,

Chris

Alfred Forns
11-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Antonio Can also add you can select the eyes and make them pop a little more !! Great pose also tempted to clone out the stick for a cleaner image !!! btw would tone down the light rock that is almost merging with the tail !!

Charles Glatzer
11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Antonio,

Nice fox image. My thought has always been to use the highest ISO necessary to capture the image as desired, regardless of the noise. Pushing the ISO even further to ISO 3200, would have rendered a significantly higher shutter-speed, resulting in a mush sharper image. Better a bit of noise, than a soft image. And, the Mark III produces a pretty good image at ISO 1600, and 3200 if need be.

Best,

Chas

Antonio Lopez
11-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. I will try your suggestions.

Tony