PDA

View Full Version : Maine Wetland

Kristen Westlake
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
http://www.wisconsinphotos.com/gallery/panorama/bin/images/large/Maine_2664.jpg
Stitched Panorama, Vertical Images
Nikon D2X - Gitzo 1548 tripod - 80 - 400 mm lens
ISO 100 ... will get back with shutter and aperture!

Dave Mills
11-04-2008, 11:21 PM
You have all the elements in this image, From the foreground, middleground and sky all in balance complimenting each other. I also like the fact that the island is off center and the lighting is soft and even. Very nice image.

David Kennedy
11-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Kristen,
I would have to agree: this is a very well composed scene. The only part of the image I might question is the inclusion of the bit of water on the bottom edge--to the left of your signature. It might be a bit stronger if you were to make a slight crop from the bottom. Otherwise, I feel that you have a very strong photograph. Thank you for sharing and welcome to BPN!

David Kennedy
11-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh, also, in the future, please be sure to mention just how many images were stitched together to form the panorama. This is more for my nerdy edification, but it can be helpful in forming the critiques, as well.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the Pano forum Kristen.

I agree with the comments on the comp - it works great. I see David's point on the blue in the lower right and a slight crop could remove that. Nice work.

Kristen Westlake
11-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Thank you everyone for your helpful comments about cropping the water. I am re-posting the image after the crop - I think it is a stronger image now without the pond running out of the picture.
I will post the number of frames made to stitch the pano in future panos - If I remember right, this was one of my big stitches and took forever in photoshop - 12 vertical images stitched.
Its nice to be in the BPN community - thank you for the warm welcome!
http://www.wisconsinphotos.com/gallery/panorama/bin/images/large/Maine_2664b_1_of_1_.jpg

Michael Pancier
11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
beautifully done. what part of Maine was this?

Kristen Westlake
11-14-2008, 08:00 PM
This image was made near Portland, Maine.

Nagesh Mula
11-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Simply Beautifull!!