PDA

View Full Version : Fall Reflections

Paul Burgess
11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi folks!

Here's a simple shot from a hike a couple weeks ago.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NgELvbgT1k0/SRDYKdbhCGI/AAAAAAAAATY/hAkwCpEn-C8/s800/_MG_7535.jpg
Rebel Xt, 24-105

Please be brutal!!

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Paul,
I really like your concept........but the area in the UL........seems quite a bit out of place with the softness of everything else.........a crop took care of that........then i toned the whole thing down..and popped the colors a bit more............this works for me overall now.......and i like what you were looking for and composing. Nicely done!

You can also try experimenting with blurs..........or other artistic filters. This can also be saturated more ..........or less to taste. let me know your thoughts.

Paul Burgess
11-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Hmmm. I experimented with the original, and I like the suggested darker, more saturated tones.

In your crop, the tree reflection was being cut off too much for me. Also, the log reflection doesn't bother me too much, so I might leave things as they are in that corner for right now. I do like the reduced blank space below the tree in your crop, though.

Thanks for the thoughts and nice words!

Happy shooting,
Paul

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Paul- I really like what you have done here. I agree with Roman on the lower crop although I like the stuff in the UL. In my opinion it probably should stay. Roman's change in saturation is good. I am not sure how I feel about applying othe blurring fileters although it is certainly worth playing around with. Overall though, I think you did a great job.
Mac

Joanna Trescott
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Paul. I like the feel of the repost. My eye is drawn too much to UL corner. Really nice soft colors. Good eye to catch this reflection.

Paul Burgess
11-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the good words!!

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Paul,

I like Roman's crop and increase in saturation. To me this image begs for a bit of Out of the Box treatment. In the repost, which I use Roman's crop I amp'ed up the saturation a bit more and went into PSCS's filter gallery and used Brush Strokes. Anything that floats your boat here will be worth investigating. Try a post over in OfotheB.