PDA

View Full Version : Prismatic Run-off 2

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I was going to post this after i showed the whole scene....but got a bit sidetracked.........here's the link for comparison; http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21732
I kept zooming in tighter and tighter........but because of the steam......I was glad that i took so many as it obscured certain parts of the image that I didn't want it to. This was also done in early morning sun...although somewhat filtered by the mist it was still quite strong.........so I used the Singh Ray Vari ND filter to slow down my SS. This may be my favorite of the bunch.......as it focuses strictly on the most interesting part.
Specs.....Canon Mark lll with the 28-135mm lens at 135mm at ISO 100 at f29 for 3.2 seconds.....all mounted on a tripod with Studioball head.
As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-05-2008, 02:38 AM
Beautiful Roman. Personally, I liked this more than the previous larger frame. Liked the way the mist/vapor forms a translucent 'curtain' to the falls/rock. Might crop a few pixels from the left side but that's just a personal taste :)

Joanna Trescott
11-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Roman. Really nice shot. Your use of a ND filter really works here. I keep looking at the left -- maybe toning down the highlights on the LL side would cure that. It is just a bit brighter than the rest of the shot.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Roman,

I do like this better then the first image and agree with you this is the most interesting part of the image. I also agree that lowering the tonality of the left will help to balance out the image. Nice work.