PDA

View Full Version : Motif. Bad Hair Day...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi All,
I hope that this qualifies for the motif!!
This furious-looking snowy had just been involved in a scuffle with several other birds and I was practically involved in a similar scuffle with a hungry hoard of photographers - they were as aggressive as the egrets...:eek:
I know that the composition will not be to everyone's taste, but I feel that it adds to the drama that I am trying to convey - anyway, how many conventional picture of snowies does one need to see...:D
Taken at Ding Darling last March.
400D 100-400 @ 400mm
ISO 200
AV F8 1/160 sec
Thanks so much as always!
Best regards to all,
Nicki

Alfred Forns
11-04-2008, 09:17 AM
This is your typical Nicki different look portrait !!! Love it !!!

Composition works for me real well and wold only take a little of the right so it looks deliberate and not clipped. A slight turn of the head to have both eye equally visible would be even stronger. I like your way of seeing things Nicki !!!

denise ippolito
11-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Nicki, Very unique. He does look mad. I like the close comp.I think it does add to the drama

Oscar Zangroniz
11-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Excellent crop Nicki. Image is sharp and well exposed.
Regards,

Harold Davis
11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
agree with al!! love the Nicki style! do you crop to these compos or do you compose in camera?

Jackie Schuknecht
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
In your face Nicki! Love it. Creative framing and nice contast between the BG and the subject!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for all your kind words. Harold, this one is a crop as I was standing as close as I could without falling into the (gator-infested?!) lagoon. I generally try to compose in camera, but when I cannot get close enough I at least try to have an idea in my mind of how I want the final image to look. Thanks for asking!
Regards,
Nicki

Lance Peters
11-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Congrats Nicki - Like it - Different but very appealing - as mentioned the BG compliments the subject well.

:)

Gus Cobos
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Lady Nicki,
Very well composed, image and capture. I like the details in the whites. I'm seeing noise in the background; need to a slight pass of noise reduction...besides this, an excellent image...congrats...proud of you...:):cool: