11-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Canon 5D
EF 16-35mm
1/80sec at f /13
ISO 200

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey Denise,
One of my favorite places..........great for landscapers......I'm looking at the sharpness overall......and wondering if it could use a bit more........as the BG mountains don't look tack sharp......could be the small size......so just check that.....I was going to say crop out the tree on the LL vertically......but having been to the area a few times......... moving to your right would have eliminated that tree. Another possibility is to try and lighten the whole corner there.....and see what that does. You nailed the exposure and had a really nice cloud day. Overall, nicely composed.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-05-2008, 02:21 AM
Such a beautiful scene. Loved the blue lake. Might increase the contrast on the mountains a wee bit & sharpen it further to bring out the patterns better.

Joanna Trescott
11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Denise: What a beautiful lake! Very nice comp and exposure. Love the patterns in the clouds, too. I never comment on sharpness as that is one of my big faults!

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Denise,

A lovely scene. Your composition works very well. The curvature of the lake and mountain match so well. I might have like to see a bit more of the rock outcropping in the lower FG.

I reposted below. What I did was first a local contrast enhancement using USM on a BG copy at 20/25/0 settings. I then sharped it three times using USM at 125/.2/0 settings.

The LCE strengthens the contrast and the sharpening handles the comments on that end. I am on a uncalibrated laptop so tweak settings to your taste.

My adjustments made that left corner a bit dark however. Brightening it up in a masked curves adjustment would help that out.