PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Rumped Warbler

Julie Kenward
11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
I had to get an I.D. on this one - it was my first sighting of any warbler. This one was up in a tree in a nature sanctuary near my home.

Canon 40D, EF 70-200mm f4L USM
f4 @ 1/2500, ISO 320
Manual Mode, Pattern Metering, Daylight WB
Handheld, Natural light
Processed in ACR & CS4 with levels and curves adjustments and a rather large crop

Doug Brown
11-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Julie! Congrats on your first warbler sighting! Love the pastel color of the BG. Ideally, you'd like the bird to be looking to the right. The crop impacts the level of detail in the image. And the image could be a little brighter. Thanks for sharing!

Chris Hansen
11-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Julie,
I like the position of the bird. It looks like it is thinking. The soft background is cool in that it is in the same color palette as the bird. I would like to see what it looks like with more room on the left for the bird to fit into. Good capture of a warbler. So far none of mine have been worthy of keeping.

God bless,

Chris

Julie Kenward
11-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, it's a weird crop...he is actually right at the place where the branch met the tree and the tree was nothing to look at! Hopefully next time I'll get him looking my way but I'm still just proud of the fact that I got this little guy with my 70-200mm handheld - and he's sharp and everything!