PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Bunting

Bee Emily
11-04-2008, 08:22 AM
This was the first Indigo Bunting I had ever been blessed with seeing! He was quite breathtaking!!
Canon 10D, 1/60, handheld, f5.6, 330mm, iso 400
May17, 2007

Dave Mills
11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Blue Buntings are really pretty birds....Your backround is nicely blurred and the position of the subject is good. The problem I see is the image is very soft. Reason probably being you shot this handheld at 1/60 of a second. It's such a slow shutterspeed that you would have to be very lucky if he stood totally still and then you have the possibility of slight camera movement due to hand holding.
I would also crop a bit off the right side.

Dominic Cantin
11-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Blue Buntings are really pretty birds....Your backround is nicely blurred and the position of the subject is good. The problem I see is the image is very soft. Reason probably being you shot this handheld at 1/60 of a second. It's such a slow shutterspeed that you would have to be very lucky if he stood totally still and then you have the possibility of slight camera movement due to hand holding.
I would also crop a bit off the right side.

nice observation. I'd add that your image look like you shoot throught a window. Is that the case ? The best is to avoid these big glasses infront your lens ;)

Dom :)

Bee Emily
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I may have very well shot thru a window, can't remember. 1/60 is even too slow for me to handhold (and i am pretty good at it ---so I've been told) and i can guarantee he was not holding absolutely still.