PDA

View Full Version : Fall on the Illinois River Valley

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
11-03-2008, 09:36 PM
This is my first attemp at a HDR and although I like the outcome i am not sure that it couldn't be done better. This was the outcome of five images at about a third of a stop apart 2 on either side of what the meter said would be correct. The time was very late in the afternoon about a half an hour before dark. The foreground was very dark and the distance was quite bright. What are your thoughts, I am interested in any suggestions you might have. Thanks for any help.

Mac

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey Mac,
I think your HDR work brought out the shadow details well.......but the color pop seems to have been lost in the fall colors as they almost look hazy. The sky also looks like the lighter band has more detail in it that is lost.........unfortunately I have not tried HDR yet myself .......so i can't offer any help on possible solutions. I like the use of the 2 trees as framing elements.......debating the left frame edge one. Hopefully Michael P. pops in to offer a tip or 2.

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
11-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Roman- Thanks for your thoughts. I think the colors are as they are because it has been very hazy with the warm weather we are experiencing. I could hardly see the river with the naked eye. I think a polorizing filter would have been helpful.

Mac

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Mac and Roman,

Sometimes the HDR comes out a bit flat. IN lieu of trying to get contrast corrected in the HDR program, do it in PS. Below a Local Contrast Enhancement using USM on a BG copy at 20/50/0 settings.