PDA

View Full Version : Belted Kingfisher

Antonio Lopez
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I captured this image while shooting in Junction, TX. It's my best image ever of a Kingfisher.

1D Mark lll
600L + 1.4 TC
f/8 @ 1/800 sec.
ISO 640

Pat Nighswander
11-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Great capture..I got my first shots a couple of weeks ago while shooting fall landscape with a landscape lens.. It was gone by the time I was to switch lens

Lana Hays
11-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Antonio
I appreciate any image of a Kingfisher as they are one of my nemesis birds. A very nice image.....good detail and exposure. A bit of a head turn would have been nice.....but that's when they usually take off, too. I'd crop just a bit off the top. Well done.

Alfred Forns
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Did really well with the exposure Antonio My nemesis bird also and have nothing even close !!!! Might select the eye and sharpen a little more !!!

James Salywoda
11-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Well done getting the shot I love that bg a little more of a look towards you would have been nice

Antonio Lopez
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I appreciate them all.

Fabs Forns
11-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Lovely profile, I'd may crop some off the top for web presentation.

Aidan Briggs
11-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Love the light an details. Too bad about the perch.

Paul Wolf
11-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Antonio:
I just posted a recent shot of a Ringed Kingfisher on the Wild and Free Birds forum. I shot it at Garner State Park, and since you're in the area, I thought you might be interested. E-mail me, and I'll tell you exactly where to go to get pretty close. I was actually across from the park, not actually in it.

Your Belted Kingfisher shot was well done. The exposure is dead on, but I agree with Alfred that it could benefit by a little more sharpening. You might also try a bit of burning the white areas around the throat and dodging some of the dark blue feathers on the back of the neck. If you haven't done much of that, you might be surprised at how much detail may be in the highlighted areas. The 1D Mark III does a great job of capturing detail even in areas that appear overexposed.

Paul

Gus Cobos
12-09-2008, 09:16 AM
I like the composition Antonio. I too agree with taking just a little from the top...well done...:cool: