PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Sunset

Maxis Gamez
11-03-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_4040.jpg
Everglades Sunset - S.E Florida

This one from Saturday after setting up my Exhibit at the Everglades National Park. Thanks to Judd for taking me out wadding until dark!! Amazing experience!!

This is another try to landscapes which was my main focus for this trip.

Hope you like it!

Thanks!

Canon 40D, 24-105 L @ f/8, ISO 100, 30 sec exposure, 3 stop ND filter, Tripod, Almost full frame.

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey Maxis,
Congrats on the show! I saw that you and Judd went out into the glades........I must get a pair of waders for when I get down there. I like the comp and colors very much.........and even though the moon is small because of the WA lens..........it has a nice look to it and the starbursst is a plus. You may want to try and get lower next time (notice I wasn't standing there....so I don't know what that would have involved!).......that would place more of the tree top into the open sky. My only other recommendation is to remove a bit of the sky and crop just above the clouds.......yes you lose a few stars.....but I feel it further emphasizes the moon and the brighter stars. Now when i get out there.........we'll do some night photography! That will be a challenge. Nicely done!

Judd Patterson
11-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Lovely view Maxis! I like Roman's suggestion to crop a little of the sky to place the moon and Venus in a dominant position in the upper-right corner of the frame. As far as the lower angle, it's a win-lose situation. It is nice when there is more of the silhouetted tree in the sky, but it also means fewer water reflections which are really the essence of an Everglades wet season sunset image in my opinion. I think I prefer the balance that you struck here.

Hey, when will you be out here Roman? Water levels are extremely high, but are already dropping. Depending upon the month you might not find that much water. Certainly I don't find waders necessary even now, so bring along some shoes suitable for wading and you can probably manage. See you then.

Kaushik Balakumar
11-05-2008, 02:26 AM
Nice colours. Might agree with Roman on cropping a bit of sky on top & keeping the rest of the image as it it. I might not opt for a low angle b'boz u'd lose the swamp area & the scattered reflections.

Mike Tracy
11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I really like the feel of this. Might try stopping down to f/22 or so to create more of a starburst effect.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Nice work Maxis. Agree with the cropping suggestions.