PDA

View Full Version : The Star Attraction...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi All,
Having just seen Doug's post of a hooded merganser I thought that you might like to see this little fellow. I shot this last week at the Radipole Lake RSPB reserve in Weymouth on the South coast of England. He is a wild bird - unringed - and I was told that he arrived a few months ago looking very bedraggled. The wardens do not know how he got there, but being an American bird he is obviously very far from home. He seems quite happy and sociable amongst the mallards and tufted ducks and at the moment his plumage looks pristine and absolutely beautiful!
40D 100-400 @ 400mm
ISO 800
AV F8 1/800 sec
I know that the crop is tight but that's the way I like 'em!!
Look forward to your c & c's - many thanks!
Regards to all,
Nicki

Axel Hildebrandt
11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I like the details and eye contact but the crop is too tight for my taste, especially at the bottom. Thanks for sharing the story.

Fabs Forns
11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I hear he wanted to meet BeeP :)

As mentioned, a bit tight. Great exposure and plumage detail.

Gus Cobos
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Lady Nicki,
The color rendition and sharp details are superb...I would like to see more room at the top, and at the bottom...:):cool:

Juan Aragonés
11-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Terrific details and what a great eye contact! I agree about the tightness :)

Doug Brown
11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Great job with the exposure Nicki! Sharpness is first-rate too! Agree with above comments regarding the crop, but I do realize that you're a tight crop kind of lady.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I believe that this bird is to be featured tonight on the BBC's Autumn Watch series which is being broadcast from the Weymouth area!
Regards,
Nicki