PDA

View Full Version : Sunset on Wetland

Sabyasachi Patra
11-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I was documenting a wetland and the birds in it. Lot of industries are coming up in that area. Thought of capturing it before it is lost.

Canon EOS 40D, EF 28-135 mm f3.5-5.6 lens at 135mm, ISO 400, f10, 1/320

I think I should have used ISO 200. I would appreciate your comments.

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,
I like these type of images but the brightness of the image is a bit harsh...........that being said I think you can work with it. You may want to bring out some more details in the BG shore. I would eliminate the power lines in the sky area......which you minimized very well..........but I do seem to remember that you like leaving things in as you saw them..........so they are not that intrusive. My final thought is to crop some off the bottom......just above the lower duck..........have you tried playing with the contrast and turning this into a B&W??.........might be just as effective if not more. If I have more time later today I will give it a try.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I agree with Roman on the image enhancements but not on removing the power lines or towers. As I understand your purpose for the image, you want to demonstrate what will be lost to development. Having the towers in the BG helps to make that point as man's had looms over this habitat. Nice work.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Roman,
Thanks for the suggestions. It was a 16 hour train journey to this place. Your inputs are appreciated. I checked the B&W version as well. It looks good. I have to think what the officials will like.

Robert,
Thanks for your kind words. You make me feel a much better photographer than I am. I believe people won't be swayed by logic. The images have to be compelling and have to force the viewers to sit up and take action. Hope I can attain that level someday.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi