PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Abstract

John Blumenkamp
11-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I captured this last month somewhere along the trail on Geyser Hill near Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park. I've always liked just exploring with a zoom lens like the 70-200 and seeing what compositions I might find... I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

40D w/ 70-200 f/4 IS
1/90sec f/8 iso100

Thanks,
John

Kaushik Balakumar
11-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Very beautiful image John. Well 'seen' & captured. Liked the V-shaped flow & the subtler ribbed lines formed due to reflections from light. Just the apt shutterspeed I feel.
:)

Michael Pancier
11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
maybe trim the highlights a tad. I love the patterns you captured here.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
John,
I like the patterns. I am not sure about the highlights. You may be able to see in a much bigger size and judge the impact of the highlights on the image. Full marks for visualising this image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roman Kurywczak
11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi John,
You may want to do some work on those highlights........and then try and pop the contrst more.........this would make the pattern stand out even more.......but that is not everyones cup of tea. I will try and see if I can work on it later to show you what I mean. Nicely seen.....just needs a few tweaks.

Judd Patterson
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Lovely composition and flow to this image John! I don't know if many you tweaked the highlights already, but they look good to me. Nice exploration with that 70-200!

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 10:16 AM
John,

I love what you did here. Demonstates how capturing those small details makes a great image. I like the color in this image and felt making it stronger makes a bolder statement. I tried a BG copy with Blending Mode set to Multiply. I also tried selecting highlights with Shift + CTRL + ~, coping to a layer and changing its Blending Mode set to Multiply. Lower opacity to taste.