PDA

View Full Version : Standing proud

Oscar Zangroniz
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Anhinga is starting to come to life. Beside some Anhingas, there were a few tri colors, and great blues.
But most important, no mosquitoes and excellent overcast cool day yesterday.

Nikon D300, Sigma 300mm 2.8 w/1.4 TC, Focal length 420 mm, F5, 1/100, ISO 200, Tripod, No Flash, Manual Exposure

Gus Cobos
11-02-2008, 02:02 PM
very nice composition and capture Oscar. I like it very much. So Anhinga is starting to come back...thats a good thing...:D you have razor sharp details in the feathers and good color rendition...the head angle could use just a slight CW rotation...its almost there...you did good...I would also open up the shadows on the bird and the area around the eye; and then selective sharpen the eye...good show...:cool:

Alfred Forns
11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Fitting tittle and proud bird Glad things are starting to come back, some years we have had good action before Thanksgiving !!! Can only hope !!!

Agree with suggestions by Gus and sure do like the bg !!

Oscar Zangroniz
11-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Gus:
How's this now? I selected the bird and lighten the shadows and then selected the eye and sharpened it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I like it better.

Jackie Schuknecht
11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Great exposure and I love the rose colour on the top of the wing. The feathers sweeping across the chest are pretty too. Well Done, Oscar.

Harold Davis
11-02-2008, 03:05 PM
i like the way the bird looks in the original. looks sharp!! lots of detail too!! i think you can use CNX to bring out more detail in the shadows by going to Adjust..Light..D-Lighting...then select Better Quality....then you can use the Shadow Adjustment slider to deal with the shadows without affecting any of the other parts of the bird or image.

great job. hope to go down to the trail soon!!!

denise ippolito
11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Oscar I like orig. looks sharp to me a couple of spots in BG to cleanup in LL. Great shot!

Sid Overbey
11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Oscar, very nice shot. I like the original as well. You can almost feel the wind in his feathers!

Lance Peters
11-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Hi Oscar - very nice - like the original better looks sharp and like the pose. well done.
:)

Nicki Gwynn Jones
11-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Hi Oscar,
I prefer the original too - the repost looks a tad washed out. I love the way the wind is catching the feathers.
Regards
Nicki

Gail Spitler
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi Oscar - bird looks great, but the perch needs a little attention. Actually I think it got some attention but needs a bit more. It looks a bit soft to me and the removal of the upward branch needs a little more work. I think the tip of the branch still shows along the outer edge of the wing. The branch also seems to just fade away and that seems a bit unnatural to me. But maybe that's exactly how it looks???
gail