PDA

View Full Version : Marco Island, tone mapped.

Fabs Forns
11-01-2008, 10:19 PM
This is a pseudo HDR, made of three conversions of the same image, then tone mapped in Photomatix Pro.
An older image, 5D, 70-200/4 @ 70mm, Av @ f/8, ISO 800

Roman Kurywczak
11-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Fabs,
The tone mapping really brought out the sky and water nicely. I'm debating the boat......and whether I would prefer it as a silhouette........or maybe it's the 2 black specks in front of it........otherwise I like it's placement in the frame instead of the ROT position.......as it would compete with the brighter area of the sky in the ROT position.
OK......decided that just the blobs need to go.........but we'll see what other will feel.

Michael Pancier
11-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I love that sky fabs. Happy to see you're using Photomatix Pro .... amazing tool

John Blumenkamp
11-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi Fabs... I like this as is, including the placement of the boat in the frame. If anything, maybe moving forward to eliminate the sand in the lower righthand corner may be something to consider, but regardless it's nice as presented. When you say 'an older image', I think I can relate... in my opinion it's great to go back to images in the library and re-process with new tools like HDR, etc. Nice work as usual Fabs. :)