PDA

View Full Version : Sidetracked

Tom Shaffer
11-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Trainyard, Cheyenne, Wyo. Camera:Sony DSLR A700 1/100 @ f:9 ISO 200 55mm

Roman Kurywczak
11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey Tom,
This might be more appropriate in Travel/Cityscapes.......but i will comment on it for now. The trains make nice lines although I find myself looking for a car with impact to rest my eye on. I would crop off half the mist above the telephone poles on the right......and some off the left........(center of the grey area of the road)........to minimize some of that roads impact. Debating the rail up front in the black car..........and again....cropping off there may also strengthen.....but will wait and see others input.

Alfred Forns
11-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Agree Roman Moved the Trains to Travel/Cityscapes !!!

I like the overall mood but would crop some from the top. Also the white stripe close to the side sure grabs my attention.

Roman with most of the rails I like to be able to see them totally or do away with them. Always feel if its important enough to show ... show it all !!! Love the perspective and sure is fun going after trains !!!

Tom Shaffer
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey Roman, I agree this ia a better fit. I have some other cityscape types that I could post here but when I click on new thread the "attach new file" option is not present. Evertthing else is there.
Tom Shaffer

Julie Kenward
11-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Love the long lines and the way the fog settles in the BG. I'm not sure but I think it could use a bit of rotation...it feels slightly skewed to me. Very neat image overall, though!

Alfred Forns
11-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Not sure what is happening Tom Remember we only host member's images, you would have to link your to a host but should be no problem. Please pm is you need help.

Robert Amoruso
11-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Nice use of leading lines.