PDA

View Full Version : Reflection

Mike Fuhr
10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Took this picture a few weeks ago. I really like the sharp reflection and morning lighting. Would have been nice if the flower was blooming...

Nikon D50
100-300 F4
1/1000
f5.6 (-0.67)
ISO 200

Julie Kenward
10-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Nice detail & DOF Mike! I also like your angle and composition. It does look a bit dark on my monitor - did you do this on purpose or is it my monitor?

Ed Vatza
10-31-2008, 06:08 PM
I like the concept here. And the image does look sharp to me. But there are a couple of things that could make the image better. First, I think the dying leaes detract even more than the lack of a flower. And this image does look on the dark side to me as well.

Mike Fuhr
11-01-2008, 08:06 AM
It 's my monitor - tends to make things look brighter on my monitor than on others. Or does everyone else have a dark monitor?

Kaushik Balakumar
11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Liked the still reflection here. The water's exposure looks fine to me but I might however brighten the leaves a little bit.
There r many elements in the frame & pretty close to each other - thereby making it bit tough for the mind to grasp things at one sight & more so because the bud (& its stem) on the extreme left is adding a haphazard design to the existing pattern of 3 strong stem/leaves.
Not sure if u cud've found an angle to isolate one of them & keep the frame simple.
Just my thought... :)