PDA

View Full Version : A New Face

saleeltambe
10-31-2008, 08:35 AM
This is my first BNP post as a trial to check if the upload works ok.
This Short Eared Owl was photographed in Western India. It was sunset time in the desert and this owl landed just next to our vehicle. The orange brown light from the setting sun were falling on its face lighting up from one side. I am using this image to title it as " New face" because recently I have provided a new face to my website with a lot of new additions and this face is a symbolic expression of that.

Cheers,
Saleel Tambe
www.saleeltambe.com (http://www.saleeltambe.com)
www.naturewebindia.com (http://www.naturewebindia.com)

Ramon M. Casares
10-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Welcome Saleel, great first post! Light is magnificent and pose is great, Background looks excellent too, you might try adding a bit more canvas on top as it feel a little too tight in the frame! Still, congratulaitons!! Keep them coming!<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_162014", true); </SCRIPT>

Dominic Cantin
10-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Excellent portrait of this owl ! The golden light give a good mood ! Welcome on BPN :cool:

Dom :)

Tony Whitehead
10-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Welcome, Saleel. Lovely post. The light, colours, textures and eye contact are great. I agree that a little more space at the top would be nice but looks great as presented. Did you manage a shot including the whole bird or was it too close? Techs as to camera, lens, aperture, ISO, shutter speed would be nice to include with your post. Looking forward to more of your pictures.

Doug Brown
10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Welcome to BPN Saleel! Great look at a Short Eared Owl! Agree with suggestions about the crop and tech specs. Thanks for sharing!

Bill Sharkey
10-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Excellent shot, nice details and exposure ... well done :)

Bill

Arthur Morris
11-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Welcome, Saleel. Wonderful light and sharp as can be. Would love to know what gear you used and would love some more room right and above.