PDA

View Full Version : Need info about the Nikon WT4

Juan Aragonés
10-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi all, anyone using the wireless transmitter Nikon WT4 out there? I know that this is not a widely spread device, in fact, I suspect that nobody is using it on this forum but I would much appreciate information about battery life, reach and set-up for field work :)

thanks a lot

Juan

Jim Poor
10-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Hi Juan,

I have one, but have yet to be able to get it to connect correctly. I'll be working on it this weekend and will certainly update this post if I learn anything. Right now, I suspect that may inability to get it to connect to my computer may be related to a need for a firmware upgrade, but I'm not sure.

Juan Aragonés
11-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey Jim thanks for your response. i have found some threads about the WT4 in Nikonians but I haven´t found the time to read it yet. If you are interested in the matter I can send the links to you in a PM. Just let me know :-)

Fabs Forns
11-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Juan, we use the Phottix WRC-N8 and it works perfect!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikon_user/2311577894/

Juan Aragonés
11-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the info Fabs:). I use an almost identical device for my camera but the WT4 is a very different device, much more complex (and much expensive!) that allow a complete control of the camera settings from a remote laptop. Very interesting for shy or endangered wildlife photography.