PDA

View Full Version : Morining Drink

Sabyasachi Patra
10-31-2008, 05:33 AM
This image was created in Bandhavgarh National Park when the tigress was having her morning drink.

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF 400mm F2.8 L IS USM, 2xII, ISO 400, f6.3, 1/320 sec, full frame. I have been tracking this tigress for the last three years. And every year she has has posed for me in the water. :-)

Mike Tracy
10-31-2008, 07:35 AM
Pretty light and gorgeous subject. I really like the gaze in her eyes.

Although I normally like the inclusion of ones environment I would personally prefer to see a quite a bit taken off the top and more canvas on our left if possible.

Ken Watkins
10-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Yet another classic Tiger photo, you are really lucky to be able to see these magnificent creatures, on a relatively regular basis. I am extremely envious.

Steve Canuel
10-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Sabyasachi,
I really like the light and colors in this one. Nice head turn, blurred reflection, and inclusion of the habitat. I agree with Mike on taking some off the top ( to maybe just above the leaves, I like their color) and a little bit more room on the tiger's right. I would also remove the one blade of grass across the eye but that's a personal thing. Very nice image and a nice reward for your time and persistence in the field.
Steve

Milo Burcham
10-31-2008, 10:39 PM
You make it sound easy: follow a tiger around for a year and you can get a photo of it near water! I am amzed by any wild tiger image, but in theis case, the surrounding vegetation does not add to the image

Sabyasachi Patra
11-03-2008, 10:38 PM
You make it sound easy: follow a tiger around for a year and you can get a photo of it near water! I am amzed by any wild tiger image, but in theis case, the surrounding vegetation does not add to the image

Milo,
I never meant to say that. Tiger can walk for about 15kms in the night. So next day morning you won't find the tiger in the place where you saw in the evening. I have enormous respect for the intelligence of Tiger. I can slip past you if you are not careful. Each tiger has got some individual characteristic. Once you start studying the behaviour of the tiger, you will be able to predict its move better.

You may like to read this:
http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/13

Thanks a lot to all of you for your feedback.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi