PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Pelican

Tom Shaffer
10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Taken at Eau Gallie, Florida. Camera: Minolta SRT 101, exposure data not recorded-- Scanned slide

Alfred Forns
10-31-2008, 12:43 PM
HI Tom !!! Cant remember the last SRT 101 image I saw !!! Sure was a popular camera in its time !!!

I like the composition, would give more room all around and you definitely want more room up front than behind the bird. Processing is very contrasty maybe form the scan or just processing. Would have tried moving left to do way with the bright area (left) and keep the lighter line form coming out of the pelicans head. A higher perspective would have also avoided the light line up top,

Can come up with excellent results from scans but not an easy thing to do. The equipment must be well calibrated !!!

Tom Shaffer
10-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Thank you for your comments. The SRT 101 was my first SLR, though my first 35mm was an Argus A-2. I still have the 101 but haven't used it in a while. Scanning slides is a bit tedious.however the SprintScan 4000 has served me well.
Tom shaffer

James Salywoda
11-02-2008, 11:19 PM
I agree with Alfreds advice still a very nice image Tom thanks for sharing.

Lana Hays
11-03-2008, 05:32 AM
My first camera was a Minolta SRT 201 and it served me well for 10 years before getting a Maxxum that served me well another 10 years. Those were the "good ole days" when you didn't worry about the new cameras every other year. I like the composition of the pelican. I'm always amazed at anyone who can scan slides and have the image look good......and that's where I appreciate digital the most. Good critique by Alfred.