PDA

View Full Version : Green River Overlook Sunset, Canyonlands, UT

Fred J. Lord
10-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Approximately 11 vertical frames stitched for this one. Canon 1D MKIII, 24-105 @ 45mm, ISO 200, f/5.6 @ .3 second, Gitzo 1325, Kirk BH-1, RRS pano pieces.

White Rim Trail is visible running around the lower canyon edge. This one made me nervous as it was a 1500-foot drop from where I was standing.

Gerald_Gilligan
10-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I like the way the eye is drawn from the left to the right and how the interest continues from the valley detail. The rock on the right side is well placed but,In my opinion could improve with a step or two to your left or more bottom edge detail. if their was room to do this...
The soft light and rich color is captured well here, I keep looking for a little more room in the sky. Overall nice for my eyes...

Jerry

Fred J. Lord
10-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately, I was glued to the spot. It was darker than it looks and I was about 8-feet from the precipice. There were also three more shooters around me which kind of held me back from extending the pano. The sky would be easy to extend but it wasn't any different as you looked up. I may take it up a bit as I look at it. I always take a couple of weeks to get used to these before I send out for large prints. It has paid off many times to wait. I'm putting up the sunrise version of this shortly.

Robert Amoruso
11-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Fred,

This composition works well and I like how the eye can go back an forth from the left to right and is held in the image by the rocks on the edge. I might like to see more room on top. I understand the sky is not that dramatic but the image appears cramped due to that. On the other hand, the tightness seems to suit this comp. Your call.