PDA

View Full Version : fall

Lesley van Loo
10-30-2008, 10:57 AM
because of fall, there were some nice colours in the background.

b.t.w. this is a Great Spotted Woodpecker.

Doug Brown
10-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Lovely fall BG Lesley! I might try a vertical crop here with a little more room at the bottom.

Stephen Stephen
10-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Lesley nice head turn and BG colours in this image. I may have gone for a portrrait format in this iamge as I find the birds head a little close to the top of the frame.

Ramon M. Casares
10-30-2008, 11:14 AM
For print I would just crop a bit from the left ad add a bit more room to the right, but as presented it looks great, that BG is superb and the pose and perch are great as well! Congratualtions!

Lesley van Loo
10-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I deliberately didn't crop it vertically because you will lose a lot of the colourfull background

with a little more room at the bottom
I find the birds head a little close to the top
crop a bit from the left ad add a bit more room to the right

hahaha, you see it is very personal were and how much room it needs.

kind regards

Lesley
www.ltdphoto.com (http://www.ltdphoto.com)

Dave Mills
10-30-2008, 02:45 PM
I'll throw in my 2 cents....I think you should crop a small amount off the left and about 25% off the backround on the right. Since the backround is so bright and colorful it sometimes has the effect of being more eye catching than the bird. By cropping somewhat your bringing more attention to your center of interest and your backround becomes less dominant.

Linda Robbins
10-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Beautiful subject and gorgous bg color. Sharp detail and good exposure control. I like the composition as presented.

Juan Aragonés
10-31-2008, 07:28 AM
Superb light, BG and pose Lesley. I see your point about the landscape format in this image because the clors in the BG are really rich and beautifull but I have to agree eith others about the vertical comp. Well, as you said that is a matter of taste;)