10-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Canon 5D
EF 24-105mm
1/800 sec. at f/ 5.6
ISO 400
HH

Julie Kenward
10-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Beautiful composition, feel and colors, Denise. I would consider cutting off the small branch that is leaving the frame at the top...maybe just clone him back halfway so he's still there but not out of the frame.

Everything else is very nicely done. Did you do a blur or Orton action to achieve this soft feel?

Gus Cobos
10-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Good composition Denise, I like the contrast in colors of the background and your subject...agree with Julie about the cloning of the vertical twig...:cool:

Robert O'Toole
10-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Nice comp and colors. I wouldnt clone any twigs its nice as is.

I would like to see more sharpness in the leaves, softness is nice as long as there is something sharp in the frame to anchor the viewers eyes.

Robert

denise ippolito
10-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Thankyou Robert I will keep that in mind.

Mike Moats
10-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey Denise, I like the overall feel of this image. If it were mine I would do a slight crop on the bottom and right side.

Ed Vatza
10-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi Denise,

I really like the concept and compositional idea here right down to the background. I do think you could have stopped down a bit more and gone with a little more dof in both the leaves and the branch. Also, and this may be just me, I find that tiny bit of overlap between the two leaves a bit of a problem. I would prefer to see them either separated or have greater overlap.

denise ippolito
10-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Ed, I appreciate your comments. I was drawn to the two leaves because of the slight touching. Different strokes I guess!!

Ed Vatza
10-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Ed, I appreciate your comments. I was drawn to the two leaves because of the slight touching. Different strokes I guess!!

Touche! Different strokes! You gotta please yourself first. ;) Keep 'em coming!

Kaushik Balakumar
11-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Nice image Denise. The leaves look great. Well seen & captured :)
Might agree with Robert on sharpening and Mike Moats on cropping.
Another small nit wud be that the masking artifacts are quite noticeable (u can distinctly see the blurring overlap on the edges of the stem & leaves).