10-28-2008, 07:47 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/015-Edit-2.jpg

The series continues.

Canon 30D; Sigma 70mm Macro lens; Velbon Tripod

1/6 sec @ f/11; ISO 1600; -1/3 EV

Chris Starbuck
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Ed,
I like the colors and arrangement. Would have liked the light coming from the opposite direction, so the shadow would provide better visual separation between the leaves along the left & bottom of the top leaf - the colors of the two are very similar there. Also would like a bit more space between the leaf tip at upper right and the edge of the frame.

Robert O'Toole
10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Nice color and details Ed. I agree with Chris about the bottom lighting,.....you could just flip the image to get top lighting.... :-)

Also you might want to try to keep the main subject about 2/3rds of the frame at the most. Here is looks a little tight.

Robert

Mike Moats
10-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey Ed, another overall nice image. I don't mind the tight crop, but if you view my images they tend to be tightly cropped also. The main leaf in my opinion is a little to decayed and would like to see leaves that are in a more pristine condition. Keep em coming.

Ed Vatza
10-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Chris, Robert, Mike,

I thank you for the critiques. I really wanted a tight composition but maybe I went just a wee bit too tight. And I agree I could have moved a bit to the right and given the subject leaf just a smidgen more room to the right.

Mike I understand the red leaf is a little ragged. I selected it for its color and texture even though it was a bit ragged.

Again thank you all.