PDA

View Full Version : Photo Challenge

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Anybody interested in giving Gus and Al a homework assignment? Think of your most challenging, fun, or anything you think of that would make these two guys work!! We will decide as a group which challenge to pick! We get to critique the images, and they only get til Nov 9th to complete it:)
Put your thinking caps on..........

Desmond Chan
10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Not sure what you mean, Jackie. Is it like asking them to shoot something difficult?

OK, here's what I've been trying myself: small bird in flight. Birds smaller than 6 inches in length. Landing and hovering don't count (they're easy, relatively speaking :D). It should be at the moment of take-off (kind of like the attached photo but much better) or during the flight from from spot A to B. No flash. All natural light. Full-frame.

Is that challenging enough? :)

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes Desmond I think that would qualify as a possible challenge. Better than anything I would have come up with. VG;):eek::D

Alfred Forns
10-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm ready for the challenge Jackie :) I hope it won't be Polar Bears at South Beach :D:D:D:D:cool:

Harold Davis
10-29-2008, 04:56 AM
I'm ready for the challenge Jackie :) I hope it won't be Polar Bears at South Beach :D:D:D:D:cool:

now that's funny!!!:D:D

i can tell you already that al can do small birds in flight real well. can make all of us look BAD!! having a hard time thinking of what might be a challenge. hmmmm. will get back here later!

denise ippolito
10-29-2008, 07:02 AM
Sounds really good. I like the idea of an in camera technique of some kind. Or a completely monochromatic(except for B&W) Choosing a color value and 80% of photo must be made-up of that value.

Amy DeStefanis
10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Is this a technical challenge? or an artistic one?

Lately I've been pondering the challenge of depicting the fragility of habitat, and its pressures by man. How to express these fragile ecosystems artistically, without including obvious actual man-made objects as a large part of the theme. It should convey a profound sense of vulnerability, and a need for protection.... without just gratuitously smacking the viewer over the head with the message.... or is that too broad?

Amy D.

Gus Cobos
10-29-2008, 05:18 PM
A challenge hmmm...sounds good Jackie...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Amy,
It could be artistic, or technical. I like you idea a lot. I don't think it is too broad. It's for Al and Gus. Just thought it may be fun to turn the tables for once:) If we don't get any more ideas for the evening could I use your idea!!!

Jackie Schuknecht
10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Is this a technical challenge? or an artistic one?

Lately I've been pondering the challenge of depicting the fragility of habitat, and its pressures by man. How to express these fragile ecosystems artistically, without including obvious actual man-made objects as a large part of the theme. It should convey a profound sense of vulnerability, and a need for protection.... without just gratuitously smacking the viewer over the head with the message.... or is that too broad?

Amy D.

OK Gus and Al this is the challenge. (Thanks to Amy D) Closing date Nov 9th. Have fun!!! I think it is a good challenge. Makes you think......

Alfred Forns
10-30-2008, 10:24 AM
That is one tough challenge and will sink right into it !!!! ......... I think the polar bear at south beach would have been a easier choice !!!! :)

Alfred Forns
10-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Will be interesting doing so without the hand of man since it would have to be suggested only !! You sure know how to come up with a good one !!!! :)

Jackie Schuknecht
10-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Game on!!! And to any other moderators who may want to have a go! Probably polars at the zoo anyways............

Amy DeStefanis
10-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Will be interesting doing so without the hand of man since it would have to be suggested only !! You sure know how to come up with a good one !!!! :)

Hi Al.

Well, I did give a bit of an out - man-made objects shouldn't play an OBVIOUS role, or be a large part of the theme.... I realized that a good idea might come up that had SOME element of man in it.... Would be interesting to see something in its natural state, though, that would prompt a complete ecological neanderthal to stop and think: Hey - this is really valuable....

I'm not sure what I would do either - so I'm hoping to learn something from the masters.

I'm thinking that the light will play an important role in painting a mood of vulnerability and fragility.... :)

Have fun! :D

Amy D.