PDA

View Full Version : Previous Photoshop Versions

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
I started with CS2, then CS3, and now have CS4. My question is do I leave the others on my computer or uninstall and just leave on CS4.

I tried the CS3 Beta one time and when I tried to uninstall it form my computer it really messed up things and I had to re-format. Adobe wouldn't help me because they said there was no support for beta.

Anyways I have been afraid to change anything. Do I leave things the way they are or uninstall the previous versions?
Thanks

Doug Brown
10-28-2008, 11:55 AM
On the Mac platform, it installs alongside CS3. You can run either program. I downloaded the upgrade, but it's actually the full version; I know this because I installed it on a brand new laptop. The installation program did ask me for my CS3 serial number but it installed all the files after I provided the serial number.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I wasn't too sure what to do. I have a friend who is a photographer and he actually prefers to print from CS2 because he says it makes lighter prints ( haven't tried it for myself though). It is good to know I can leave them on.
Thanks Doug.

Bob Ettinger
10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
You should be able to delete the older version on a PC.