PDA

View Full Version : Crab Spider in Habitat

adcolon
10-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Loiza, Puerto Rico. Canon 30D, Canon MP-65, ISO 100, f/16 @ 1/250 sec. w/macro flash and diffusers.

Chris Starbuck
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Alfredo,
You have the focus just right here - I can see all 6 of its beady little eyes! Lighting overall looks good. I think I'd tone down the brightest spots in the foliage, to keep the viewer's attention on the spider a little better. Keep these coming! You're showing us species we don't have on the mainland.

Don Lacy
10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Cool little spider but seems to get a little lost in the habitat for me. I would subtlety darken the corners of the image to help draw attention to him in the frame, our eyes automatically go to the brightest part of an image first.

Julie Kenward
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Love the spider but would love to see less foliage around him. I don't mind the main plant that he's on but I think all the stuff at the bottom could be taken out and it would probably add more attention to the insect. The bright white areas on the front stem are a bit distracting for me, also.

Mike Moats
10-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey Alfredo, very cute little guy and nice sharp details, agree with Jules on a crop at the bottom or removal of the clutter.

Chris Starbuck
10-30-2008, 11:26 AM
One further comment on the comments. Whether to crop or not probably depends on how the image will be used. If it's for scientific use, such as a spider field guide or a magazine article on crab spiders, keep all the habitat. If your intended use is art, then simplify as much as possible.