PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Anhinga

Oscar Zangroniz
10-27-2008, 08:51 PM
This poor guy and a couple others were the only inhabitants at Anhinga Trail this past weekend.

Nikon D300, Sigma 300mm 2.8 w/1.4tc, Focal length 420mm, F8, Shutter Speed 1/100, ISO 400, Manual Exposure,
Tripod, Flash w/BB

Gus Cobos
10-27-2008, 09:09 PM
I like it Oscar,
Good composition. Suggestion: I would clone out the small vertical piece of the branch that sticks up. It brakes up the natural flow of the perch, and open up the eye area just a tad and selective sharpen it...you have a good image...:D So is this an indication that the rest of the clan will be populating Anhinga Trail any time soon...:):cool:

Alfred Forns
10-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Oscar Why don't you take this image ( the RAW file) to the class tomorrow night. I'm interested in converting so I can compare to the posted. I'm seeing something I can't figure out. Has to do with the way the feathers look and has to do with processing. This will help !!!

Composition wise would move the bird to the right side, would like seeing more space toward the direction its looking !! Sure hope they start arriving soon, we are getting our first cool day !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
How's this Gus?

Gus Cobos
10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Much better...:D

Oscar Zangroniz
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Oscar Why don't you take this image ( the RAW file) to the class tomorrow night. I'm interested in converting so I can compare to the posted. I'm seeing something I can't figure out. Has to do with the way the feathers look and has to do with processing. This will help !!!

Composition wise would move the bird to the right side, would like seeing more space toward the direction its looking !! Sure hope they start arriving soon, we are getting our first cool day !!!

Al:
Got it on my jump drive. The original, the processed one and the jpeg posted. Glad to see you tomorrow.
Regards,
Oscar

Harold Davis
10-28-2008, 04:45 AM
al in class!!! wish i was there! will be interested to see what comes of this one. nice clone job!!

Jeni Williams
10-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Ditto Harold, also wish I was there!! Nice clone Oscar. Well done

Alfred Forns
10-28-2008, 07:05 AM
The second is better Oscar Looking forward to the original !!!

denise ippolito
10-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Oscar, Nice job. I like the colors and the position of bird very much. It has a good look. How lucky are you to have Al Forns as a teacher!

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Oscar, I just like everything about this picture. The exposure, the sharpness, the placement in the frame, the pose.
Really one of your best. Well done.

Gail Spitler
10-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Oscar
Nice composition, great bg. It seems like the bird may be a bit soft as in less than tack sharp, but it may be that the feathers are actually physically soft after a fall molt maybe?
Either way this is a keeper.
Gail

Nonda Surratt
10-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Oscar,

Love the pose and nice re-post. Agree with Gail on the other.

Gus Hallgren
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Oscar:

Super capture, like your repost. Would go along with Gail's comment.

Lovely bird, sure different from our stick birds ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Uncle Gus :D