10-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Taken at Gemsbokvlakte, Etosha NP, Namibia

EOS1d MkIII

500mm F4 IS Bean Bag

F4, 1/8000, ISO 400

Steve Canuel
10-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi Ken,
I like the intense, straight-ahead stare and the starkness of the surrounding. He seems to have something on his mind. The curved paw gives a sense of motion. I think it could use a tiny bit of sharpening but that's a personal preference. He seems to have a skinny face, is this a younger lion?
Steve

Sabyasachi Patra
10-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi Ken,

I would have loved a bit more DoF. Love the looks. He definitely means business. I would have loved some more space at the bottom. This image will also work in the vertical format.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Robert Amoruso
10-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Ken,

A bit more room under the paws would be nice. It a crop you can add it back. I also agree more sharpening is needed. Other then that a well done image. I like the placement of the lion in the image and the raised paw adds a nice sense of motion.

Jasper Doest
10-29-2008, 08:57 AM
I fully agree with Roberts comments here....great powerful looking lion....which needs just a bit more space at the bottom. The shadows in the eyes are always a problem with large mammals like this....only some lower light would have helped here.

Gus Cobos
12-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Great capture Ken
I like the composition...agree with more room on the bottom for the feet...:cool: