PDA

View Full Version : Autumn Leaves #3

Ed Vatza
10-26-2008, 07:00 PM
I spent a rainy Saturday reading Mike Moats' book "Tiny Landscapes" and was inspired to take a little time today collecting some autumn leaves that varied in shape, color, texture, etc. I'm no MIke Moats but here is a sample of what I came up with.

Canon 30D; Sigma 70mm Macro lens; tripod-mounted

1/8 sec @ f/11; ISO 1600; +2/3 EV

Julie Kenward
10-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Very nice Ed! I'd check the saturation on the yellow channel; otherwise, I think you nailed it. It's a very interesting image with lots of good detail.

Gus Cobos
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Well done Ed,
I like it as presented...you have good details and I like the texture...:cool:

Mike Moats
10-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Hey Ed, thanks for puchasing the book and glad to hear it inspired you. Nice combination of the elements you listed. I agree with Jules on the yellow looks a little off. Well done.

Ed Vatza
10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Jules, Gus, Mike,

Glad to see that you like the composition. I did try to back off on the saturation levels of the yellow and red. Maybe not enough. I went back and backed off a little more. I not sure but I think I may still prefer the original. Your thoughts?

Kaushik Balakumar
10-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Lovely image Ed. U've managed excellent details. I liked the re-post when compared to the original. But I still feel that it is more to do with white balance which is a bit off. Currently, it gives an "incandescent light feeling". Check out the greens especially.
Just my thoughts...