PDA

View Full Version : Pectoral Sandpiper

John Hawkins
10-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure if I am right on the ID of this bird. I photographed this today at Blind Pass on Sanibel. I caught him right after he had his bill in the sand and a wave drenched him. The data is as follows- f/8, 1/640, 0 ev, ISO 100, 500mm. Thanks for looking, John

Ramon M. Casares
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice ambient and pose, light angle s not ideal and the focus appears to be in shoulder rather than the head, still a little post process touches as saturation and a little crop to improve the comp and the image gains a lot, hope you don't mind, congratulaitons!

Dan Brown
10-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi John, this is a Dowitcher species. I don't know if it is a Long-billed or a Short-billed though. Nice shot, I like the foam in the bg. The repost is an improvement also.

Doug Brown
10-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Definitely like the foam on the seashore. Also like the lifted leg. It's not as sharp as I'd like it to be (try bumping your ISO a bit), and the angle of light doesn't help here. What brand of camera are you using?

John Hawkins
10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks Doug, I forgot to list that info. I use a Sony Alpha 100 with a Sigma 50-500 lens. It does seem to be soft when zoomed out. I realized I would have trouble as it was harsh light as it was mid afternoon.
John