PDA

View Full Version : Close enough!!

Dan Brown
10-25-2008, 10:18 PM
The Black Widow Spider:eek: I really don't like spiders, but we seem to be infested with the girls right now:o
Captured with a handheld Nikon D200, Nikkor 105mm macro lens, f11, 1/500th sec, ISO 800 (Oops, too high), exp comp +.33, spot meter mode, SB800 flash set on TTL FP, full power, also handheld (I have two hands:))attached to the camera with a Nikon SC-17 cord. PP'd in CS3, sharpened with Intellisharpen II. C&C welcome.

Julie Kenward
10-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Great detail in the spider and love the angle. I think from a compositional standpoint it would have been stronger without the brown area in the BG and so much blurry area in the FG but I can certainly understand why you didn't want to stick around and try it again! :eek::eek::eek:

Robert O'Toole
10-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi Dan,

I know these spiders, you can have dozens in one yard in So Cal! Thankfully they are very timid.

Nice and sharp.

You should have scooped her up and placed her on a nice green leaf for the portrait :-)

Robert

Mike Moats
10-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Hey Dan, nice sharp details and agree with Jules on the ULC, I would clone in some rock there.

Ed Vatza
10-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't mind spiders, Dan but I draw the line at Black Widows and Brown Recluse. So I don't think I would have considered moving it to a better background. But I would have wished for a better background. Otherwise the spider itself is very sharp with excellent detail. Well done.