PDA

View Full Version : I forgot to deactivate CS3

Charlie Woodrich
10-25-2008, 08:01 AM
I uninstalled CS3 and forgot to deactivate it. I'm wondering if I need to reinstall it; deactivate it; then uninstall again. What are the implications of doing nothing? Thoughts?

Jim Poor
10-25-2008, 09:01 AM
If you do nothing, your quota of allowable machines will be reduced by one. Since CS3 only allows two total current activations, you will be limited to using it on just one machine.

The reinstall and deactivate option won't take very long. Probably shorter than a call to Adobe.

Charlie Woodrich
10-25-2008, 09:42 AM
I tried reinstalling CS3 but it wouldn't let me because it said Adobe Bridge was running, which it wasnt'. So I rebooted and tried to reinstall again, but it wouldn't let me for the same reason, I called Adobe to deactivate it and they said it wasn't necessary as long as it was uninstalled and I could still have CS4 on two machines. I don't believe him but we'll see.

Chris Starbuck
10-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Charlie,
In Bridge CS4's Preferences dialog (don't know if CS3 had this or not, CS2 doesn't), in the Advanced section, there's a checkbox "Start Bridge At Login". If that's checked, Bridge launches in the background at system startup. If you're on a PC, I think you'll see a Bridge icon in the system tray, which you can click on to exit. Don't know where to look on a Mac.

Charlie Woodrich
10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks Chris! I was wondering why I was see that little icon on the bottom right of the screen.