10-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Camera: Nikon D3
Lens: Nikon 200-400
f/5.6
1/6000th of a second
1100 ISO

Tony Whitehead
10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Nice capture of a female with her bright yellow eye, Filemon. Nice and sharp with good detail under the near wing. Pity the far wing is in shadow. Probably didn't quite need such a high ISO as you have heaps of shutter speed. I would crop a bit from the right and add canvas to left and below. There is a vague "ghost beak" beneath the neck and some other cloning artifacts below the bird that need cleaning up.

Ramon M. Casares
10-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree 100% with Tony's comment, it looks like you've already aded some room at the bottom but you shoud try to be more carefull and pay better atention to those little PP details, other than those issues (easily fixable by re-editing the file) and the head turn wich I think it could be better, I love the pose, the light, the exposure and sharpness of this shot! Congratulations!

Linda Robbins
10-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I don't often see images of this bird in flight, and this is very nice. Sharp detail, lovely color, and good exposure control. Tony is quite right that you could have dialed in a lower ISO with so much shutter speed, and his cloning artifacts and compositional advice are good. I do wish the bird had given you a better head turn or banked toward you, but still this is a very nice image. Well done.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Great comments from above. Love that you were able to capture this beauty in flight and with such good color and detail. Congratulations on your timing and a fine image.,

Joseph Kurkjian
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I love your shot ... great job on your part.

Regards,

Joe Kurkjian

Filemon Lopez
10-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks to all for the feedback. I love these birds.