PDA

View Full Version : Pemaquid Point Lighthouse

Michael Pancier
10-24-2008, 12:54 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/2969247864_3400e6dfd3_o.jpg

For years I've wanted to go here to get this shot (with a reflection). I lucked out the afternoon I went there.

I had to deal with the people though. Had to clone out a rude woman who refused to move for even a few seconds.

5d + 24mm t/s lens
B&W polarizer
f/18
1/60
ISO 200
tripod

Kaushik Balakumar
10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Beautiful image Michael. Very interesting reflection in the small puddle of water. I especially liked the texture of the rock. You have chosen a nice place to make this image since the rock patterns 'seem' to be radiating outwards from the light house on top.
Only nit would be that light looks a bit harsh/contrasty.

Michael Pancier
10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Beautiful image Michael. Very interesting reflection in the small puddle of water. I especially liked the texture of the rock. You have chosen a nice place to make this image since the rock patterns 'seem' to be radiating outwards from the light house on top.
Only nit would be that light looks a bit harsh/contrasty.

mid afternoon light was contrasty ...

Kaushik Balakumar
10-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Came back to see this image again Michael. Its beautiful.
Does it require slight CCW rotation or is it optical illusion...? Am unsure...

Michael Pancier
10-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Came back to see this image again Michael. Its beautiful.
Does it require slight CCW rotation or is it optical illusion...? Am unsure...

it's illusion I guess. I had the head balanced (RRS Pano head) and a bubble level ...:D

Roman Kurywczak
10-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey Michael,
I looked into a shadow/highlight recovey on this one.........it seemed to address Kaushiks contrast issue (as well as mine)........because the evergreens on the left look too dark for time of day........the S/H boost........would lightened the FG rocks as well a bring more depth to the evergreens and sky. Long time to wait for the reflection shot..........glad you finally got it!

Cindy Cone
10-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Great reflection and well worth the wait ( even with rude people). I love the texture and pattern of the rocks as Kaushik mentioned.

Nagesh Mula
10-24-2008, 08:19 PM
This is a Beautiful shot!!
The structure of the rock is pulling a viewer into the picture.

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Michael,

I am seeing this image more like Nagesh then like Kaushik as leading me to the lighthouse. Very powerful leading lines. Reflection well thought out.

I suggest a reverse s-curve and then the shadows/highlights correction and add 20% of midtone contrast.