PDA

View Full Version : Your Sig only one click away with PS

Gus Hallgren
10-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Hi Folks:

The "Define Brush Preset" can be used for many time savers, however, I love it for clicking different sigs on my photos with a "Brush Tool Preset".

I will demonstrate using a graphic, and my name. If you have a graphic made with your name incorporated that is even easier as you don't have to fool with a font and typing your name as well.

First: I used a Raven on a white background & sized it to H 275 x W 200 px
Opened Raven in CS4 (works in all versions)
Then clicked File>New
Sized it at W 800 x 300 px > 125 PPI (I used 72 PPI because I like slight blur as shown)>White>OK
Activate Raven, press V (Move) and placed it where I wanted to in New background we created.
Click Text tool & select your font, color black and size 72 pt (If I have no graphic I will use 175 pt font as being large when you change the size smaller when you use it, it will be crisper, and large if you ever need it.
To start my text, I clicked where I thought I would like it, wasn't too concerned as I would move it around when name was completed.
When I had my graphic and named placed to suit me, I clicked Edit>Define Brush Preset>Name it>OK

Now to use it on a photo, I press B (Brush Tool) Click down arrow in Brush window and go to name of brush Raven Sig I had selected. Then used all my normal attributes, started out with size 72 BLC and color I wanted by clicking foreground chip on Tool Bar, then chose what I wanted in color picker. Clicked once on photo where I wanted to place it.

There's a lot of wind in my instructions, but do it once and it's as simple as 1 2 3 . . . :D

Made a few Sig samples on this Raven I photographed in "Fry's Grocery Store Parking Lot"

Any questions, just holler.

Uncle Gus

Chris Hansen
10-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Very cool Gus. Thanks for creating this tutorial for all of us to use.

God bless you,

Chris

Dan Brown
10-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Very nice Gus! I would like to add that once you've created the brush, you can also select it in the "clone stamp" mode and target an area in your image to use as the brushes color, this works nicely to have the sig sort of blend into your pix:).