ISO 110
Lens Sigma 10-20 wide angle
Shutter 1/250
Polarizer
Focal Length 15mm

Robert Amoruso
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Kevin,

Sorry for taking so long to get here. I like the composition and how the large BG peak on the left is balanced with the scrub tree in the FG right. I would suggest going a bit more right would have balanced it better. I am also feeling that the FG lower edge needed to include a bit more real estate.

On reposted a version where I did a levels correction in PSCS3 by expanding the tonal range on the highlights side as that was too low and then using the midtone slider I lightened up the image.

On a BG copy I did a SHadows/Highlights (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434) correction to open up the shadows.

It looks like you have vignetting on the edges so from the menu Filter > Distort > Lens Correction and worked the vignette sliders until I was happy.

David Kennedy
11-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Kevin,
I feel that, while Robert has definitely made some suggestions to improve the presenation of this image, the light is simply working too much against you. The light makes the scene--which definitely has potential, as you saw--too flat for my taste. I do think that Robert has some good ideas for better framing; if you were to revisit the location closer to the "edge of the light" (dawn or dusk) and followed some of his suggestions, I bet you could walk away with a stunning image.

Cheers,
David