PDA

View Full Version : The Road to the Sun

Maxis Gamez
10-23-2008, 05:26 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/30D/_MG_1731.jpg
The Road to the Sun - S.W Florida

More and more landscapes. This one from a while back. I simply stopped my car, got out and took a series of images and all handheld....

I like how the lines drives you to the sun.

Hope you like it.

Canon 30D, 400mm L @ f/5.6, 1/320 sec, ISO 400, RAW, Handheld, Full frame.

Thanks!

Kaushik Balakumar
10-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Beautiful image Maxiz. Love that reddish glow on the road.

Roman Kurywczak
10-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey Maxis,
Great placement of both the sky and the road. I do wonder if you could get the sun toned down any...........not sure if possible..........but as is.......very nicely composed! You are doing very well........for saying you are not a landscape guy.

Maxis Gamez
10-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey Maxis,
Great placement of both the sky and the road. I do wonder if you could get the sun toned down any...........not sure if possible..........but as is.......very nicely composed! You are doing very well........for saying you are not a landscape guy.

Hi Roman,

I think I can toned down the sun a little more without hurting the road.

I think I have the eye for landscapes but I need to go nuts with it!!!

Thank you for all your support!!

denise ippolito
10-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Maxis,

I think you have an eye for it also. This is stunning!! The road almost looks like a boardwalk-very nice.

Judd Patterson
10-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Oh my, what a view! I just love those warm reflections on the asphalt...there are not many minutes in the day when you can photograph a scene like this. Great eye and timing. I do wonder about a crop that might remove a bit of the empty sky on the top of the image and leave you with the sun offset a bit to the right rather than in the center.

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I know you handheld this Maxis, but my preference would have been on a tripod and gone for more DOF, even focus merging if needed.

Maxis Gamez
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
I know you handheld this Maxis, but my preference would have been on a tripod and gone for more DOF, even focus merging if needed.

I agree with you Rob but setting your tripod in the middle of the road and with only few minutes to capture this light was not in my mind. I had plans to make it home alive!! :D

Thanks for your input!