PDA

View Full Version : Motif: Red

Phil Ertel
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
For fun I thought I would try and contribute to the red Motif (hope this counts). The best red I have is from an image of a Scarlet Ibis that I posted earlier in this forum. To present something different I cropped a section of feathers and ran the watercolor artistic filter. I added a touch of black. Here is the result.

Not sure it works but it is red :D

Regards,

Phil

Gus Cobos
10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi Phil,
I like the base composition, I'm not sure about the watercolor filter on this macro composition. The watercolor filter might present better if you are representing the whole bird. Why don't you repost the same macro image without the watercolor effect as see how it looks...:cool:

Phil Ertel
10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey Gus, Thanks for the feedback. I wasn’t sure the filter worked either as this sort of thing is just a little bit outside of my comfort zone. This is a LARGE crop. After the crop the feathers were a bit soft with some noise. I didn’t think they presented well so I tried a couple of different filters and thought the best presentation was with the watercolor filter. In this case the best isn’t very good.

However, it is red. :D;)

Would a picture of my red face qualify for the Motif? :eek::p

Phil

denise ippolito
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Phil, I like your ideas here. I think the color is good and so is the texture- I really think if you tweak this it could be a good abstract- I like the feathers that have a two-tone quality

Alfred Forns
10-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi Phil I like it Might consider cropping out the bottom third? Strong image !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
10-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Great motif candidate Phil. Very strong colors and also very original.