http://www.********.org/bpn/30D/_MG_2303.jpg
Female Mallard Duck Landing - S.W Florida

This one from few weeks back.

13 images stitched together....... Joking!!! :D

Hope you like it.

Thanks!

Robert Amoruso
10-23-2008, 06:35 AM
I will be interested to see how others feel about the centralized placement of the duck but IMO it works due to the trailing edge of the water landing. Nice getting him full skid on the feet before he starts to submerge.

Dave Mills
10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
From an exposure, lighting and technical point of view this image is right on. Regarding the placement of the subject it's not an easy call. I like the splash trail behind the subject very much and the maker has given plenty of room in front of the subject also. The only way to offset is to crop one of those areas. If I had to make a call on this I would crop a bit from the splash to bring it off center. Again, not an easy call.

Roman Kurywczak
10-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey Maxis,
This is great!!!........I usually prefer a bit more room in front of the duck.....and using the ruler tool........cut off about 1&1/2 inches from the back........this put the ducks head more towards the center......but if you lookk at the space behind....it's about 3 inches compared with 4 &1/2 in front.........not sure it works better.......just a comparison as the entire skid is super!!! As DMills says........not an easy call........but I'd keep either one.

David Kennedy
10-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I like Roman's suggestion of the crop for this image; it seems to work a little better to give the duck some room to "slide into" while getting rid of the evidence that it's been a long landing.