10-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Canon 20D Canon 100-400L IS @ 370mm
ISO 400
1/800 sec @ f5.6

All comments welcome, and thanks for taking a look

Jon

Alfred Forns
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
HI Jonathan I like pose, eye contact and point of focus placement. Lots of detail around the eye, wish the light was more from behind you to illuminate the font of the bird. Well done !!

Arthur Morris
10-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes, you did well with a very difficult light angle. I would love to see the original image as it came out of the camera.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Great pose and as already mentioned wonderful eye contact.. Very lovely BG as well. Thanks for sharing !!!

Jonathan Michael Ashton
10-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Yes, you did well with a very difficult light angle. I would love to see the original image as it came out of the camera.

Here you go Artie:)

Jon

Arthur Morris
10-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks Jon. You did a really good job of optimizing the image. Not to be a pain, but I am confused: does your camera create nearly square images??? (I would still like to see the whole untouched image.) Do you create your 800 JPEGs with an action? (You should.) Still lots to say once I see a JPEG that represents the original capture (in 3X2 proportions). Thanks again.

Jonathan Michael Ashton
10-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks Jon. You did a really good job of optimizing the image. Not to be a pain, but I am confused: does your camera create nearly square images??? (I would still like to see the whole untouched image.) Do you create your 800 JPEGs with an action? (You should.) Still lots to say once I see a JPEG that represents the original capture (in 3X2 proportions). Thanks again.

Artie here it is straight from the camera to Adobe Bridge (Default settings retained) to CS2 where I resized to 800 pixels max and saved to web at 200K

Regards

Jon

Arthur Morris
10-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Ah, John.. Thanks. That is what I wanted to see. And here is why: On your original post, there are lots of smudgy Clone Stamp Marks on the right side of the image. Best to avoid the Clone Stamp in such situations and use Quick Masks as they blend and offer tremendous feathering (without the need to feather). Or, you could grab large sections with the Patch Tool and drag them to similar but smoother areas. Best advice: Get Digital Basics + APTATS if you are serious about learning.